Systems Thinking * Personal Mastery * Mental Models * Building Shared Vision * Team Learning
Region V Systems seeks to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the customers we serve. Region V Systems is a learning organization that strives for a diverse and inclusive work environment to promote collaboration, flexibility, and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Region V Systems shall grant veterans preference to all applicants who are otherwise eligible for employment and who request such preference on their application.
Region V Systems prohibits discrimination, on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status, disabling condition, or genetic information in conformity with applicable laws.
Region V Systems is a participating employer in the E-Verify Program.
Click here for details on the E-Verify Program.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska (traditional and high-deductible plans)
- Dental and vision insurance through Ameritas
- Flexible spending account (Section 125 for child care and medical expenses)
- Retirement – 457(b) Plan
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- Paid community service leave
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program through Insight
If you require special accommodations as an applicant, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Region V Systems’ vision is to promote comprehensive partnerships in behavioral health. We believe that supporting individuals through their academic and/or career aspirations helps to build a strong community and future partnerships for those wanting to work in helping professions such as the behavioral health field.
We are proud to give back to the community by sponsoring a quality internship program that we hope will foster a foundation of experiential learning opportunities that will grow and empower future employees in our community.
Internships with Region V Systems are held on a voluntary basis; interns receive no stipend or other compensation for their involvement in the program.
We offer a variety of learning opportunities and outcomes for individuals who want to benefit their educational or academic goals on a short-term basis in the areas of workforce re-entry, associate’s / bachelor’s degree practicums, and master’s degree practicums. Region V Systems offers internships in the following areas:
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI Department)
- Family & Youth Investment (case management program)
- Prevention Coordination
Click here for detailed program descriptions: Intern Areas of Interest (PDF)
The mission of our internship program is to provide
a comprehensive learning experience.
Steps to Become an Intern with Region V Systems…
You can expect that our internship application review generally takes 4-6 weeks to process. Please plan accordingly and apply well ahead of your anticipated needs, especially if you require a minimum number of practicum hours. Before applying for our internship program, you are encouraged to call Human Resources to discuss your internship needs as our departments vary in the number of hours we sponsor interns. Below are the basic steps to becoming an intern with Region V Systems:
- Along with your resume, complete an “Internship Application” below and submit to Region V as directed on the application.
- You will receive written confirmation from Human Resources that your application was received as well as status updates regarding your application processing and approval.
- Region V may require that background checks be conducted on your behalf, depending on the number of hours interning and/or scope of interning. A positive reference is required from your practicum professor.
- You may be required to interview with the department for which you want to intern with.
- Once you have been accepted into our internship program, you will be required to complete an orientation session as part of your internship experience. This may be concurrent with your other internship activities.
Electronic Internship Application (DOC) (Requires Word or similar document viewer)
PDF Internship Application (PDF) (If you prefer to complete the application by hard copy)
You may e-mail Human Resources at email@example.com or call 402-441-4343 and ask for Human Resources.
Region V Systems’ Culture
Region V Systems has been voted one of Lincoln’s Best Places to Work. Why? We care about your work/life balance. We are proud of the personal and professional growth opportunities we provide and encourage you to build on your strengths. Not to mention our always-appreciated transparent leadership. Leaders who are invested in your success.
The top 5 words our employees use to describe our culture are:
Friendly. Caring. Challenging.
“Region V Systems is one of the most professionally run organizations that I have been associated with since joining the RGB as a representative from my county. It is my observation that leadership at Region V Systems is a class act. I am proud to serve on the RGB and look forward to the meetings.” – Region V Systems’ Board Member
“A fun, flexible, and committed company that supports employees to reach their full potential.” – former Region V Systems’ Employee
“Region V is an example to all agencies, governmental bodies, and organizations. Absolute transparency, inclusion of all involved, and genuine caring are a few of the hallmarks they exhibit. Our world would be so much better if these actions were incorporated into all governing entities. The only issue I have is that I compare every place to Region V and none come even close to the professionalism and respect shown by Region V.” – Region V Systems’ Board Member
Human Resources Contact Information:
Confidential H.R. Department Fax: 402-261-0252
Address: 1645 ‘N’ Street, Lincoln, Nebraska, 68508